Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On my Radio

Excuse my French here but fuck my old boots backwards there's definitely strange happening's in the air, in the water and in my bones.
It's got to be my new mantra 'ask and thou' shall receive' I've put it out there that I need to spend more time at home to get me and the family organised and to concentrate on all the things that need tending to, namely me, my kids and my wife closely followed by a career that makes us all happy which obviously includes the things that are close to my heart.
So you can imagine the weird shift in the air when yesterday I received two e-mails one from the station where I do a Thursday evening show saying that i could do another stint whenever they can fit it in! And then 5mins later from 95BFM which is the best Station in NZ (that I've found) it's college radio with a very interesting selection of tunes, shows, djs and whats more, rows and rows of good old fashioned bend covers VINYL. Now call me cheap if you like but dribble dribble can you lift that tongue up sir so i can run the hoover through...
So I get the PRIME slot (no joke Chris) between the Sat' night ravers and the Sunday morning Kids show so no difference there then just have to put a Prodigy album on and put my feet up! Well that was my initial thought, but now I'm gonna have to get my finger out my sorry arse, shake off the out of line vertebrae and get the vinyl out (at last) learn how to use the gear and bish bosh - come on, let me see you shake your tail feather,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
This week i have been mostly setting up a new company www.tipiandyurthirenz.blogspot.com a snappy title I know (not) but it does exactly what it says on the tin.
Got to sleep now, saw backs take it out of you, you know. Oh and did i say I packed in work!
Speak soon.

No comments: